LANSW have published a summary of changes to the Rules of Competition for 2021 - https://lansw.com.au/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2021/09/RoC-changes-for-2021-summary-of-changes.pdf
- U6 200m – is now a Pack Start
- U8 400m – is now a Pack Start
- Athletes in the U11 - U12 age group may wear spike shoes in events run entirely in lanes only. Spike shoes may also be worn for long jump, triple jump, high jump, and javelin.
- Athletes in the U13 - U17 age groups may wear spike shoes in all track events (includes laned or un-laned events) except walks. Spike shoes may also be worn for long jump, triple jump, high jump, and javelin.
- In a crouch start, the athlete’s feet must touch the starting blocks (if in use) and both hands must touch the ground. At the call of ‘On your marks’ the athlete must have at least one knee placed on the ground. At the call of ‘Set’ the athlete must raise the knee off the ground.