Where to buy athletics spikes in Australia

Simon Hampel

Administrator
Staff member
There is apparently a global shortage of athletics spikes and competition shoes which is causing supply problems in Australia right now - so I thought it would be good to identify where people can look to buy shoes to compete in.

I have previously purchased Nike sprint spikes for my son at our local Athletes Foot in Chatswood, but I don't think they are stocking Nike's anymore - only Asics and Saucony?

I have also purchased directly from nike.com online - they offer free delivery and returns, so I was able to order two pairs in different sizes and then return the size that didn't fit. However, they ship from overseas and so can take a while to arrive - which is not ideal if you are in a hurry.

Kings Track and Field at SOPAC only seem to stock Saucony - Kings Track & Field Supplies - Track Footwear (Spikes) Catalogue

I was recently able to pick up a pair of the Nike Zoom Rival S9 sprint spikes for my son at Runners Shop in Randwick - Running Shoes For All Sports - Runners Shop | Central Coast, Randwick they stock Asics and Nike running spikes and also have other athletics shoes as well.

Where else have people had success sourcing athletics shoes?